Moving On

How do I move on? How can I go on? These are questions everyone may ask themselves when something in their life drastically changes. Whether its a breakup, moving to a different place or the end of someone's life, they can be a tricky thing to deal with. Some people may never move on from losing someone and others choose not to talk about it all.

For many of the friends that I had years ago, they choose not to talk about the people we lost. I'll never really know why they decide not to talk about the experiences we had with them but it's their choice and just something that I have had to learn to respect. People deal with grief in so many different ways that it's not fair to say that there's a right or a wrong way to cope with loss, especially when they're not receiving help.

In my own experience, moving on has been incredibly hard. Having to admit to myself that those who were in my life before don't get to continue theirs hurts more than anything else that I have experienced. When people are young, still children really, it seems incredibly unfair. You feel that it shouldn't have been them. When there are so much evil and so many bad people in the world, why did someone who's barely lived, have to lose out on a chance at fulfilling their dreams.

Someone that I went to college with passed away at the start of this year. Walking into college the day after it happened, it was like a cloud of gloom. A person who was so loved by many of my friends was never going to walk through those doors again. Everyone around me had the same feelings that I had been harbouring for years. It felt very strange for people to be experiencing the same thing.

The past few years have certainly been an eyeopening experience. It has been filled with so much loss and pain by losing people and other experiences that have not been great. It is hard to stay optimistic, especially during a pandemic with a second lockdown upon us. Death surrounds us at this time but I think we should all understand that it is a part of life. Fill your days with things you love and people you hold dear. Memories are something we can all treasure forever. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The After Effect

The Fear Won't Go Away - Single Release